MISCADA Industry Talk Series
The MISCADA Industry Talk Series hosts a couple of talks by industry partners. Partners typically introduce their company; and present research and development challenges they currently face; or present successful research projects (in collaboration with MISCADA); and pitch some project ideas for a dissertation over the summer, which then are co-supervised with a Durham academic.
The event is hosted as MISCADA Industry Talk under the umbrella of the seminar series of Durham’s Institute for Data Science.
The seminars take place over zoom
- 15 January 2021: Patrick Stowell (Geoptic Infrastructure
Investigations Ltd): Cosmic Ray Imaging of Large Critical Infrastructure
- 22 January 2021: Alvaro Orsi (PlantTech): Opportunities in Data-driven Horticulture
- Friday 28.01.2021, 16:00-17:00, Bram Reps (Sentiance), “Making smartphones smarter for a human-centric economy”. Abstract: Understanding context is the key to optimizing user experience. At Sentiance we use AI technologies to turn low-level mobile sensor data into behavioral insights. We believe in a world where actionable insights about an individual’s behavior and real-time context create positive impact on mobility, well-being, sustainable and human-centric economy. Positive behavior change by contextualized engagement. Companies can offer hyper-personalized solutions to improve people’s lives. Cornerstones are trust, fairness and ethical AI.
- 12 February 2021: Florian Rupp (Kutaisi International University & Center of Conflict Resolution, Munich): Thinking in Models
- 5 March 2021: Matthew Jones (Shell Projects & Technology): Data Science in Shell [originally scheduled for February]